Bauman Agency is a small, team oriented, customer focused, family owned ag company with multiple business entities, located 9 miles north of Huron, SD. We value honesty, integrity, and implement a long- range focus in serving area farmers and their families with their unique prosperity management needs. A farmer’s perspective is employed at all levels in the company and a thorough working knowledge is prized. We are looking for a bookkeeper to join our successful and friendly team. Apply today!
- Perform all tasks in an accurate and timely manner with a high level of discretion
- Track income and expenditures
- Payroll and payroll taxes
- Account reconciliation
- Maintain and balance the general ledger
- Accounts payable functions including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
- Accounts receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition
- Prepare financial reports
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work
- Ensure accounts are current and accurate using QuickBooks, spreadsheets, and other tools
- Prepare documents and data for company’s accountant
- Maintain records of inventory
- Prepare generate and file financial inventory reports
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reports
- Assist management with budget preparation and cash flow analysis
- Maintain staff records, benefits, and compliance
- Assist management in maintenance of employee files
- Order supplies
- Sales Tax rules and reporting
- Assist in all other operations as needed
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
- Excellent data entry skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong math skills
- Efficient and neat work style
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys people, courteous, kind, and sincere
- Positive outlook, pleasant demeanor, and sense of humor
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure
- Open to new ideas
- Customer service focused
- Meets deadlines
- Team player
- Develops rapport easily
- Solution oriented
- Reliable and Consistent
- Straight forward
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2 year degree in a related field
- 2-5 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
- 2-5 years experience in an ag field
- Ag background
Position is full time with option of part-time with a minimum of 30 hours per week, 4 days/week for the right candidate. Full time hours are 8:30 – 4:30 M-F with extended hours in May & June. This position might appeal to someone with school age children as 9-3, 5 days per week is an option. Starting wage of $15/hour is negotioable depending on experience and qualifications and whether full or part time. Preferred start date December 1, 2020.
Full time benefits: Flexible Schedule, Health Insurance, Paid holidays/vacation and sick leave, Simple IRA matching, fun place to work!
To apply, email your resume and references to email@example.com or mail to 19897 SD Hwy 37, Huron, SD 57350.
Join Curt and Matt as they explore the latest hybrids from Pioneer. Maturity dates range from 92-106 day.
P0589AMXT & P0688Q
P0421Q & P0507Q
P0220Q, P0306Q & P0339Q
P0046AM & P0075Q
P9880AMXT & P9998Q
P9608Q & P9772AM
P9211Q & P9551Q
Lunch will be provided! Social distancing and masks are strongly encouraged (and will be provided if needed) for the safety and comfort of all our customers.
Curt also had a chance to talk about the event earlier this week on the radio. Listen in for more details!
We look forward to seeing you!
Featured image: Oregon Department of Agriculture
Bauman Agency’s Matt and Heather Bischoff and their family feature prominently in a new article in the Tri-State Neighbor this week, talking about the Bischoffs’ many ag operations, and the benefits of a relatively mild spring for hard-working farm families in the Huron area.
Check out the article for yourself!
Curt stopped (virtually) by KDLO radio last week to provide an update on his planting forecast for Beadle County, and to let our valued customers know all the things we’re doing to keep you safe, healthy, and ready to plant despite the additional challenges COVID-19 presents.
Although we continue to offer all our products and services for the planting season, we’ve changed how we offer many of them help minimize everyone’s risk of exposure to the coronavirus. We know a successful planting season is essential, which is why we continue to make every effort to meet this challenge with you…from your side of the fence.
Featured image credit: Isabelle Blanchemain